Friday, April 2, 2010

New Life






Wow its been a long time since my last update. Our computer took a dive but is back up and running now so there is no better time then the present to give you all an update. After losing our baby girl in August 2008, i made the commitment to run the Ogden Marathon. During my training life threw many... many speed bumps my way. How i kept my head on straight and stuck to my strict training schedule, i have no clue. However, i did it. On May 16th of last year i ran my first Marathon crossing the finish line in 4 hours 30 minutes with Kaiya in my arms, and unaware of the growing baby in my belly :) On that same day we moved out of our apartment in Farmington and into the cutest little house just a few blocks away. The house is adorable and the yard is amazing. Huge grassy area for Kaiya to play. Huge garden and behind that we have about 6 fruit trees. We love it. We found out on Fathers Day 2009 that we were expecting another baby. We had a feeling but weren't going to take a test or tell anyone until we were pretty far along. That was until at a bbq on Fathers Day my father in law looked at me and said "Mrs. Booker, is there any particular reason you're glowing?" Needless to say, we ran out and got a test immediately. It was a wonderful pregnancy and on February 13th 2010 at 8:17am, we welcomed Ryan Grace Booker into our family. She is now 7 weeks old and life is great. Kaiya is on Spring Break from Kindergarten and is all registered for FIRST GRADE!!! I'm so proud of her. Dustin is working like crazy and also going to school. He's an amazing provider and a wonderful husband and father. I'm out of time today but I've brought you up to speed.... More soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!!! I love you and your beautiful family with all my heart. I love spending time with you and look forward to a wonderful summer ahead.

Mama Blogger said...

Don't stop blogging. I check in once in awhile and loved seeing the pictures of Ryan Grace and Kaiya too! Hope things are going well with everyone at your house!