Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Loss

Not alot changes in our lives so i usually doin't have a lot to write about. I honestly didn't think anyone was reading it anyway.
Last Tuesday we got the news that we lost our baby. We were 14 weeks pregnant. The next few days i think Dust and i were both in shock and torn by disbelief. The pain came Thursday and that made it real for me. I was in a type of "Labor" for two days. It was the worst two days of my life. I "passed" the baby on Friday but spent the rest of the day in the hospital because my bleeding was out of control. I had to deliver the placenta or i could have bled to death. It was so devistating.
We came home and have been healing a little everyday since. That of course is the super short, little detailed version of what happened but i thought i'd make this the least depressing as possible.
We want to thank EVERYONE!! We didn't make dinner one night throughout the week. Someone always brought us something. We had 2 gift baskets delivered full of the most amazing relaxation things. We recieved flowers and even a house plant. The nicest cards and calls. It was so amazing to see how many people were right there to show there support. I've overwhelmed by you all and will never be able to express my appreciation.
Yesterday Dustin and i celebrated our First Anniversary. It was the most amazing day i could ask for. We had coffee at a coffee shop together and watched the rain. We got all dressed up and went out to a nice dinner. We have had some serious heart to heart conversations the last week. Its so crazy how such an awful siutation brought us so so close. I love my husband. He's my best friend and couldn't have survived this last week without him. I'm so blessed.
I am running out of time but just thought i'd give an update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad and I have been on our knees praying for you and Dustin. You are right, things like this (however painful they are) pull you closer to each other in ways we can't explain. We love you sweetheart.

Mama Blogger said...

Trials can make you stronger. You are young and fragile and are coping amazingly well. Keep talking, keep hugging and keep smiling. Remember to learn to dance in the rain, not wait for the storm to pass. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we love you guys.

Dale and Susan Buxton
P.S. Congratulations on your one year anniversary mark!